Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Sick, But Not As Sick As A Certain Quadruped Mammal Whom Has Befriended An Entire Gender

Doggone it! Day 2 in my home ridden existence, and I still feel sub par. It's not because of the winter here finally being winter, or due to the fact that I chose against getting injected with a mixture of chicken embryos, live flu virus, formaldehyde, ether, detergent, and mercury. (You can see a great take on the flu shot here (Windows Media Player) and here (QuickTime).) No, the source of my current fate is a completely unrelated thing to those two, and its simplicity may baffle a few: I have the flu. Yes, it's true. I have a virus that's working its way through me as we speak.

Now, how is one to combat a foe which is smaller than most enemies? It's not easy. Luckily, I can delegate the task to my immune system. But, like a worker's union, the white blood cells comprising my work force won't work for free, or without benefits. Thus, in order to wage this war, I need to meet there demands, which include: Increased rest periods, more food during the day, higher temperature for increased productivity, and a highly saturated workplace.

And if I wish to have an army in order to defeat this villainous virus, then I should try my best to meet there demands. The first I achieved last night, when I went for a nap at 6, and woke up 3 hours later. However, this decreased their food intake, which had to be quickly rectified and was. I've also bundled myself up in numerous layers to satisfy the third demand. And the fourth may be over satisfied, as I'm taking in more than twice the "8 glasses a day" expectation.

Is it paying off? Currently I'm being irritated by a cut I have on my right shoulder from using my cat as a scarf yesterday. (No ma'am. I only wear real fur.) So I'm not fully concentrating on my symptoms and if they are improving. But if my pounding head is any indication, either my cat's on my head (And no, he isn't) or I'm still not well completely.

And if we happen to talk online today, or for as long as I have this great disease, then please spare me your pity and I'll spare you a rendition of what I'm experiencing currently. That, and accept my horrible grammar and spelling. I am far from operating within establish parameters, and the last thing I need is someone going "Anymore and any more, depending on where you look, can have up to three different interpretations." and then continuing into the proper uses of each.

I bid you farewell. And perhaps I should stop doing this 25x25 sudoku. Probably isn't helping my head.


And here's a song/rap on Vitamin C for all my homies. http://www.archivestowearpantsto.com/tracks/0119_vitamin_c.mp3

No comments: