Saturday, February 18, 2006

Presto Magnifico!

Well, what a week it's been. Let me summarize it:

Step 1: Get Stood Up

*Monday, 8 AM, Bus*
I like to code. This is a fact that most people know. So when I thought our coding practice was Monday, I was going to go to it. Then I talk to my friend, Harrison (You'll hear much of him in the future.) and he says that he has band that night until 4PM. So I'm thinking Hey, I'll meet up with him after coding, and we'll take the bus home.
*After school, at School*
My coding teacher can't be found. I wander the semi-smelly hallways looking for him. Semi-smelly since someone let off a fart bomb. 2o minutes later, I find him, and I'm informed that the coding practice is Tuesday. Great... but no biggy. I decide to wait the rest of the time for Harrison and do as we planned.
*4 PM*
No Harrison, but there are still people in the band room, so I wait.
*4:20 PM*
Still no Harrison. Hmm... Perhaps he's already down at the bus stop...
*
4:40 PM*
Down at the bus stop, no Harrison. HE STOOD ME UP!

Step 2: Add a Dash of USAP

*3 PM, Tuesday, University of Waterloo*
So we were going to film some USAP on Tuesday. I get there at 3PM, and Amber shows about 15 minutes later. We discuss music, Valentine's day, Maja (A good kid after all) and other things, like why I have a huge tub of cinnamon hearts. Robyn arrives later, then Katie, and finally Susie. We start filming, rehearsing, and all that at 4:30 or so.
*4:30 PM*
Everyone's in costume, the camera's there, and it's all a go. Or is it? I start to smash cinnamon hearts with Susie's hammer, Katie isn't acting... period, and we're all a little nervous about acting in front of the camera.
*6:00 PM*
We have the one scene shot, on scenette done (I was the talking dog!), and Robyn has left us. Then the fun begins... However, I can not reveal what occurred then as if I did, 1. I would have a hammer coming out my nasal passage, 2. Kurt wouldn't love me, and 3. I would have another person or two on me. So I'm sorry, but you will have to put together your own ideas. And no, ORGY is not a valid idea.

Step 3: Square The Whole Thing!

*Wednesday, After school, School*
Euclid Preparation! Yes I got to do up some math after school for fun. Hey! There were free cookies! Anyway, after the whole thingy, I talk to my math teacher about something she doesn't quite get. So I explain it to her. (Yes, I really am a nerd.) Then we discuss the possibility or making a quartic formula; a formula to solve an equation like: 4x^4 + 6x^3 - 5x^2 - 7x + 12. She says that if I can make one that's simple and could be remembered, I should get some mega bonus marks. (I personally expect that she'll just go "If you can make that, then you should be able to do your homework!")
*On the Bus Ride Home*
I make the quadratic formula from scratch. Looks like I'll have my weekend cut out for me...

Step 4: Season With Some Good Old H2O

*Wednesday, 10PM, at home*
The forecast called for freezing rain through out the night, and it had already been thundering through the day. I know how the world thinks. The world thinks If that stupid Travis kid gets up at 6AM tomorrow, when he has the luxury of getting up at 8, then I'm going to make it a snow day to tick him off! Oh really? Think you're that smart, huh?
So I set my alarm for 6AM, so it will be a snow day.

Step 5: Plan, Plan, and Scheme!

*Thursday, 6AM, in bed*
"And cancellations are: All schools under the Waterloo Catholic School District School Board, all schools..."I jump out of bed, run upstairs, turn on the computer... and wait. (My computer takes a while to load.) Finally, I go to the board website to see that schools are canceled.
Now, on a completely unrelated note, I think that is fine that someone dances in their pajamas or whatever they want when finding out something really good, especially if they do so in their own home. I don't think that it should make them feel less masculine, or feminine, but should make them feel fine. Thus, laughter from one's parents, or little sister, is never appreciated. Thank you for your attention.
Then I send out an e-mail to spread the good news. Hallelujah!

Step 6: Make Container, and Stir

*Thursday, 9AM, Walking To Harrison's House*
Someone singing "It's a great day, What can I say?; I wouldn't have it, Any other way!" should not freak out old ladies. And I have a good singing voice! People have told me this! And I didn't pay them either!
*Thursday, 9:45 AM, Green Patch*
Anyway, I start to make a fort with Harrison. It's huge. Huge as in "This will easily fit us" huge. Huge as in "We could get a sofa in here" huge. And so we build, and we talk. Contrary to popular belief, guys do not solely talk about girls, sex, cars, or any combination there of. In fact, we never even mentioned the last two, and girls only stayed to two people (Who shall remain nameless.) I think we mainly talked about video games, what the summer will be like, and about how on Earth we were going to make the fort.

Step 7: Sing While Your Cake Bakes

*Thursday, 1PM, Harrison's house*
Harrison and I both enjoy video games. He plays music. So when he's bored, he plays the music from video games. Now his sister, well, she isn't a big video game fan. I don't think she's played a video game at all. So after twenty minutes of listening to Harrison play, she walks in and asks me "Is he annoying you?" "No..." She's a little taken aback by this (I guess she thought that she could use me in her fight) and says "He's classically trained, and he's playing Nintendo music!" and then goes away.
A word to the wise: Never get video game companies mixed-up around him. You see, he was also playing Sega music (some Sonic stuff). So he has to go and correct his sister, which just gets her more upset. I hope that she learns from her mistake!!!

Step 8: Check The Cake Often While It Bakes!

*Thursday, 7PM, at home*
Never, I repeat NEVER take anything for granted, or imply that you do. Especially if it's a person. "May you never take single breath for granted" is what is written in the song Dance. (Great song by the way). I how that people will learn this, because you can't take a single thing for granted, because one day it may not be there. And who knows where you'd be then.

Step 9: Turn Up The Heat!

*Friday, Noon, Home*
...On my sister's forehead. So she has a fever, and (I guess you can go "Aww..." if you really wish...) she wants to cuddle with me when she's sick. So I sit down on the couch, she grabs a pillow and puts in on my lap, and lies down.
*Half an Hour Later*
She's asleep. And I'm hungry. And my leg's asleep. And I'm hungry. And I'm really overheating. So since the only thing that matters is that I'm hungry, and slip out from under the pillow, and get something to eat.

Step 10: Counting Flowers On The Wall While Waiting

*Friday, 9PM, Home*
Old songs rock. I remember one song I would hear every few weeks a couple years back; "Counting Flowers On The Wall". Good song. It's about someone explaining what they do when they're bored.
"Counting flowers on the wall that don't bother me at all, playing solitaire till dawn with a deck of 51, smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo, so don't tell me I've nothing to do."
So that was a great song to find again. Good tune.

Step 11: Eat!

*Friday, 11PM, in Bed*
Full circle. Sort of anyway. This week taught me a lot, much of which is on a more personal level. I've learnt how much meaning can be in the littlest thing, and how little meaning can be in the biggest thing. I've learnt that relationships will change, people will change, and situations will change. Next year will come, and I'll be in University, a little wiser, older, and more mature. And possibly richer or poorer.
The seasons will change, the years will come and go, but some things will stand the test of time. Others won't though, and that's fine. You have to take the good with the bad, and accept it as it comes. There will always be tomorrow. There will always be another twist in the road, another bend, but don't give up. You're never truly alone in this world.

8 comments:

truktruktruk said...

Travis,

You hurt me. Hurt me bad. I loved you, and I thought you loved me. Now I've heard from a friend of a friend of a friend of mine that you are going to ask someone else to semi.

You hurt me. I want you to explain yourself. I still love you, but I can't go on like this.

ME LOVE YOU
YOU HURT I!
ME = ANGRY
I WANTS TO KILLS YOU!

The Man With The Plan said...

I... I never knew you felt that way... I'm so sorry...

DON'T KILL ME!
And I didn't go to semi, because semi is just a bunch of crazy drunks trying to dance (something, I'll admit, I can't do), and so SEMI=HORRIBLE!

Well, I'm sorry I hurt you Amber. I was never planning on going to Semi, and if you need to talk, then do so.

And, I never loved you. I hope that you won't kill me.

Hope that clears things up!

The Man With The Plan said...

Well... Since I've gotten some questions about this, I guess I have to answer them.
1. Amber and I are not going out. I haven't even thought in that direction.
2. I don't like Semi, and I don't dance.
3. I wrote that letter, and Amber has just distorted it!
4. Amber loves Kurt (Angle), not I.
5. Amber doesn't want to kill me.

Now, I know all of this to be true. At least all the stuff regarding how I feel. Amber may, in fact, want to kill me. This, I do not fully know. So Amber, if you can help clear my name, that would be greatly appreciated!

truktruktruk said...

Alack! Kurt will always be my only true love.

And yes, your logic is faulty if you connect the first two comments on this page with romance. It's like: my ovaries produce eggs, so I must be a bird with wings, AND I can fly! Bad example, very bad example. But a more reasonable conclusion would be that Travis is in love with himself, wants to kill himself, and doesn't love himself, at the SAME time, considering he wrote both comments and he has split-personality disorder. (Go USAP!)

And this is the internet, and hopefully shouldn't apply to people I know, so I don't feel bad for saying to those who made that connection, "Tu es une idiote!" I say that in the feminine form to be ESPECIALLY insulting to any applicable males.

And to Travo! I didn't distort your letter; I typed it up word-for-word! But 3.5/5 isn't too bad.

Good luck on the DWITE!

Robyn said...

a) Not all of us at semi-formals are crazy drunks. Or either of those individually.

b) I hope to capture the footage soon.

c) In regards to romance--are pick up lines romantic?-- I must post a corny pick-up line: "Do you have a Bandaid? Cuz I just scraped my knee falling for you."

truktruktruk said...

Pick up lines are most definately not romantic. Ca pu le fromage!

truktruktruk said...

As I was telling Katie that your team beat my team in the DWITE (Nice job!), I noticed that the last letter of your name is 's'.

I noticed this because when I had typed "Travis' team".

You may notice, that I notice stupid little things. It might also be noticable that this is irrelevant to nothing.

Irregardless (hah!), I have a point, that I would like you to notice!

It became noticable that I would also puctuate the possesive form of "Jesus the same way. Then it became clear! Travis sounds A LOT like Jesus! Maybe not that much, but noticably enough.

Which makes me wonder... why have you been hiding your inherent connection to Kurt!? If you don't know what I mean, I will explain, but I think you WILL know what I mean, since I figured out your secret! Hah!

- Amber
The Dirtiest Hobo

The Man With The Plan said...

Well, I don't know what you mean fully, but I will say that because of the coding conteset, I made a new post. Very useless. Anyway, I'm not Jesus.