Tuesday, February 21, 2006

DWITE, Happy Cat, And A Tale Of Programming

This, is Happy Cat. Bow down to Happy Cat! BOW DOWN!

In other news, my coding team placed 15 out of 90 or so teams! Yea! And the best part is, Fil and Dave, the other two people on our team (Besides myself and Warren) didn't come! (We did have another laddy on our team, Mark, but he was only there for the first 35 minutes or so.)

...Happy Cat rules! I = 7331! Etc, etc.

In other news... Pizza rocks, coders can live on Swedish Berries, Fuzzy Peachs and pop alone, and don't mess with our code with your "You have exceed the time limit!" or we will mod our code so that it doesn't! (That's how we got points for the fifth problem.)

Hmm... reading over this, I can see that only other people who wrote the contest will have any idea what I'm talking about. So Amber, this last bit has all been for you.

SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!

What else to write about... Well, I did have a Chemistry Test. That was hard. And I had a Religion test, which wasn't hard. And I have first spare, so that's my crossword period.
I found that they have Imprints (The University of Waterloo newspaper) at a local "The Beat Goes On".

And I guess I'll leave you with a quote of my own:
"Programming is 5% perseverance, 10% problem solving, 15% typing, 20% Happy Cat, and 50% not commenting!" - Travis Gerhardt

9 comments:

Robyn said...

This is me not commenting.

The Man With The Plan said...

Ahh, but since you did comment, then you are not not commenting. Ergo, you have proved yourself erronious! IFSO FACTO!

truktruktruk said...

I want to learn Latin. And French. And Python, so I can get nerd-points.

So, awesome job on the DWITE! Sounds like you had way more fun than I did. I'm kind of dissappointed/borderline pissed off over how it went. But that is a story for another time, and at least we broke top 30 (I think). But we had NO FOOD DAMN IT! And I hadn't eaten anything but a muffin and 2 yogurt tubes for breakfast.

CCC next week! That is my time to reveal my awesomeness, if I can get awesome in 6 days. Are you writing the Senior this year? Being the stalker that I am, I know you did pretty well on the Junior last year, so that should be a 'yes'.

And then ECOO where my team will hopefully not suck it up. But I have an escape plan if we do, called \k. To me, that is clever.

Thanks for your so-called useless half-post dedicated to me, and may Kurt's light shine on you. Alas, farewell Jesus!

P.S. Our fellow USAPians are asking about new filming times. I vote next Tuesday so we can chat up the CCC. Give me the word to start asking around to see when people are free.

truktruktruk said...

This is me not picking my nose.
(I hate how boogers build up so much
But Kleenex: I do not need those
Fingers are good enough for such)

I tried.

The Man With The Plan said...

I just noticed. There are only a total of three regular people commenting (This includes myself) along with Susie commenting occasionally, and one other person commenting as well. Anyway...
Python gives you nerd-points. It's true. I don't know if it's really worth it though. I would personaly just make my own language.
Eat more! It was awesome. We went out before the competition and got root beer, Swedish Berries and Fuzzy Peachs. The stuff that dreams are made of...
WHY ARE YOU STALKING ME? Where did you get your information? How do you know this stuff about me?
Jesus is not I. Otherwise, why would I still not be able to... um... turn water into root beer? Or wine as the case may be.
As for USAP, next Tuesday sounds good. Let's get more than 5 people!

truktruktruk said...

I just got Robyn's comment! I may be slow to get them, but I LOVE puns!

Har har.

I also noticed that it's mostly Robyn, you and I posting on your blog, but them Southerners agree: there's no shame keeping it in the family.

And I found out your score from the CCC website, with my super-duper detective skills.

Interestingly, the kids who came in first place on the DWITE are writing their own language completely from scratch. Too many nerd-points to count.

Yes, food is good. It might even be God, which would mean that you are a food group, Travis! Since you're part of that holy trinity!

For the CCC, I always stock up with tonnes of food, so no worries there.

if SUGAR > 0 then SCORE++


/random thoughts

The Man With The Plan said...

Alright Amber. As long as you aren't stalking me.

I also find that having fun makes everything work out better.

"I always made what candy I felt like. And now I feel horrible. That's why my candy's horrible!" -Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka

So, be happy, and your coding skills will be better!

Robyn said...

Yay Amber! I'm glad the pun was caught.

Good luck to all y'all doing the CCC and other such contests.

The Man With The Plan said...

Darn it to heck! I get it now as well. Just took me a minute. Anyway, thanks Robyn.