Saturday, January 21, 2006

Implosion in 5...

Exams, an essay, and co-op! Oh my! Exams, an essay, and co-op! Oh my!

Then there are scholarships too. I mean, just academically, this next week will be hard. I have an essay due Monday, 20 hours of co-op to do over the next week, and two exams to study for. One of which, my Physics exam, I want to do up every review question we have been given, study ever term we are supposed to know, and in general over-dose on Physics. Seriously. If you see me acting a bit light headed next week, it's because my brain is studying Physics non-stop. And to a certain someone who says that I can't do it, the Colts lost. You will too. Mr. UA.

Now that takes care of academics, I still have more to do. Two scholarships are due right after my Physics exam as well. That's something nice to look forward to. I get to relax after these exams by indulging in myself, and telling people that they should give me money because I am so great (you need not bow.) But hopefully I will be able to rest after that.

Oh, but the fun can't stop there. Now I want to talk to you about some people. They shall remain nameless, and most likely you will only know one, mainly if you are one of them. Over the Christmas break a met someone the internet, and the next night stopped her from committing suicide. And then I helped a few more times afterwards, and since then I have talked to her about her problems, and some problems I have had as well. Everything's cool between us right now (As far as I know anyway) but I'm still helping her with some of her problems.

Next, there is a friend of mine who has been depressed for ages now. Doesn't want help though. That's the same as looking at your leg, going "I have a cut and there is an infection starting" and then moving on. The only difference is you can't see the problem in your head. Talk to your parents! Go to a shrink! You. Need. Help.

Then there is another person who may be getting into more than he/she releases. However, since they told me that if they were the situation of being a concerned friend of someone in the same situation they are in, that they would try to help them, at least I know that he/she is aware of the problems. (And to those who just woke up, re-read that sentence a few times. It makes some sense.) This is a good thing. A VERY good thing.

Then there are students having trouble deciding what they want to do with their lives. That's a problem I have as well. I want to do so much, and I have the ability to do so much, but what do I ultimately want to do? Everyone goes through this question, and it is hard to answer. Advice to anyone who has this question: Do what you like.

Finally, there is one more person who is not helping my stress level. This person could potentially change a lot of things in my life, for good or bad. We shall have to wait and see what happens however. I will hopefully have more information on Monday. I may not though.

So, how am I coping with all this? Well, there is one person who has been able to help me with everything. Just thinking of this person when I'm feeling down is usually enough to make me feel better. And what is really nice is his/her concern. I am amazed by how much he/she cares for my welfare and state of mind. To you, and I should really hope you know who you are, I thank you, my Citadel. I don't know how badly off I would be if I could not talk to you. I owe you a great debt.

If you are wondering why I wrote this, I thought it might be worthwhile to drift back into writing in a blog(gish) style. Essays are fun and all, but since I have to write one for English, I should probably stray away for a little while.

No comments: