Monday, January 23, 2006

Debonair: A Beginner's Guide for the Guy

This is something of a tutorial for a certain fellow who seems to be unlucky in love. Well my friend, hopefully this guide shall help. (I consider myself somewhat good as I have get witty remarks out there at times, and can be quite the charmer... As I was once told by my Chaplin. Yeah, yeah. Laugh it up.) And for those of you who think that I'm getting someone else to write this for me, I just have to tell you that you are wrong. Anyway, on with the guide!

*DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for the results, unless they are good. This can be used as a way to try and get girls to like you, or to improve your relationship. Just don't do it too much, or you may turn out looking sleazy.

Compliments work wonders

If your special someone is feeling down, then try to compliment them. Bring up past good things that they have done, or compliment them in other ways. The results can be quite astounding.

She: "I got insulted today because of how I look. I was told I was ugly."

Bad idea:
"Well... now that you mention it..."

Ok idea:
"They were lying to you. You aren't ugly."

Great idea:
"With those heavenly curves and gorgeous lips? They must be delusional!" Or other such compliments.

Wipe Delusions From Their Eyes

At one time or another, we all think badly of ourselves and what we do. Sometime, we don't even have a reason. Women (I think this is more in women than men, but that may just be me.) sometimes say "I think I'm fat."

Bad idea:
"Well... now that you mention it..."

Ok idea:
"Let's go look at a Body Mass Index chart to get an unbiased opinion."

Great idea:
"You will always be beautiful in my eyes. If you wish to lose some pounds, then I shall go out and lose some myself. After all, I only expect that it can increase your beauty, if you were any less beautiful than an angel already."

Am I boring you?

This line is something you have to be ready for. Variations include: Am I being a pest? and Do you want me to leave you alone?

Bad idea:
"Well... now that you mention it..."

Ok idea:
"I was a little stressed before, but you aren't bugging me. I'm feeling fine."

Great idea:
"You could never bug me. Just knowing that you are there makes my worries drift away."

The Grand Scheme

This only covers a fraction of what you may be told and have to counter with it. Here are the main rules:
1. Compliment them.
2. Show your love to them.
3. Remind them that they are the only one for you.
4. Love them. Unconditionally.

Oh, and don't say really stupid lines. Like: "You tell me you love me and all, but I really can't be sure." Or anything saying what you aren't going to do with them. Either omit it, or tell them if they are pushing you. Lines like: "I can't kiss you because I have a cold and my nose is dripping..." and "Well, I would kiss you good night, but do you know how many bacteria there are in the human mouth? Uck!" are not the most beautiful.

The other big rule is to be open and not argue. Getting mad at someone over something such as why she thinks she's fat, or a stupid little thing are just not worth it. Just back down. Let it slide.


Well, I can see that I will probably get some comments from the girls reading this blog, as well as some guys (If there are any brave enough!), but try to keep them positive. And if any girls have anything they wish to add to this list on what works for them, please feel free to. This is by no means a final draft. Thanks!

6 comments:

truktruktruk said...

Travis is pimpin', yo!

truktruktruk said...

In other thoughts...

I think that it's generally considered that for women to be happy/satisfied in a relationship, they need to feel loved, and you did a good job of advising how to make them feeled "loved".

But I also think that in practice, your guide would not work at all to get a girl to like you ('you' in the general sense (I wish English had an equivalent for the French 'vous' (Triple brackets!))).

Well, this sort of topic was not something I would have expected from you. Kinda cheesey for my tastes, but I hope it helps you friend! I would recommend turning to Kurt for further advice as well, had his wife not left him.

OMG!OMG!OMG!OMFG! Election coverage! I am so scared of a Conservative majority!

NP: "Tangled" - Native Nod

Anonymous said...

you charmer you.

Anonymous said...

Travis, your advice may be good, however, you speak from a position of power which you do not have!

Ha, I'm just kidding.

This is a good start to the blog, I'll visit frequently.

Robyn said...

haha, I like the consistency with which you say "well, now that you mention it."

Anonymous said...

Hmm. All of these things seem to only work if a girl is low on confidence. If the said girl has a high confidence, then one may never (or very rarely) come across a situation in which one can use the advice you gave.

And depending on the girl, if you're that extreme and using 'beautiful' language, she may not take you seriously because it seems over-done. You also don't address what to do if she's right and one doesn't want to lie, but still wants to complement the girl.

Maybe I should write a guide, heh.