Saturday, January 21, 2006

Fictional Fiction!

She stood up. She would not stand for such disobedience from a student. So she sat back down.

This obviously confused the students. Which is strange. I thought ignorance was bliss.

Ok. So I can't really write fiction. I mean, fiction is pretty hard to write, especially when you try not to copy people's plots or characters. I mean, when you can just take someone else's plot and characters, then fiction is easy. I mean, otherwise, you have to actually think. I mean, think? Not something I will do... unless I'm paid. Let's try this again, anyway.

So the teacher was back in her seat. Well, actually she was on top of her seat. Sitting on top of her seat. In a diginified fashion, of course. She was distaught. No, distrawed. Upset. My editor said to use bigger words, but it's not easy.

She made a mountian out of a mole hill. She was magical I guess. Or a really good storyteller. Well whichever the case was (I think it was the Mulroney vs Newman case actually) it happened. It did I tell you! IT DID!

Um, well... I have to go somewhere. Perhaps I need to see a man about a dog? In hindsight now, that line is really bad. A man about a dog? Why not a dog about a man? Like that talking dog I had mentioned before. He can talk. English at least. Not flawlessly though. Still has a bit of trouble with the adverbs.

Ok. Well, I'm going to blow my cover. I wrote all of this. Yes I, the talking dog, wrote this. AND I SHALL RULE THE WORLD! Um... Something in my keyboard. Da-na-na-na, Da-na-na-na, Da-na-na-na, Da-na-na-na, Da-na-na-na, Da-na-na-na, BATMAN!

1 comment:

truktruktruk said...

THE TALKING DOG!

This reminds me of a book I once started reading and might have finished. That first paragraph is the essence of genuis.

I never expected the Talking Dog to be such a talented writer. He could definitely get a book deal. As President of Paragon Productions (Ltd.?), the dollar signs in my eyes invite him on board!

Yes!