Tuesday, September 19, 2006

It's about time

I have not posted a blog in a while, and I think that this situation should be rectified. In an effort to do this, I will try to fix up this blog and other things in the future. Which brings me to today's post: Fate.

I had a very long winded and well thought out argument stating that fate existed. The unfortunate part was that this was not the best explained, and required a great leap of faith. It was not until yesterday that I came up with this very simple logic which does a lot more than my initial theory ever did.

The past is fixed. Today is just tomorrow's yesterday. If the past is fixed, and tomorrow we will remember today as yesterday, then today is the future's past, and is therefore set. And if the past and future are both set, then fate exists.

I rest my case.

2 comments:

truktruktruk said...

Define fate.

I already told you what I think about this arguement, albeit briefly.

The Man With The Plan said...

By fate I mean that your actions today cause your future. I don't mean fate in the idea that no matter what you do you'll become a doctor. That just doesn't make sense. Instead, I mean that you cause your fate by what you do.

If I go to the store, that's because I walk there. The fate that I am writing this now was destined to happen due to the previous things that occurred in my life.