Thursday, July 13, 2006

Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody.

Ok. To start at the start (press 1)...

I got sent a list to me by a friend, and it was of video game clichés (things that kept reoccurring in a certain genre of video games called RPGs (Role Playing Games (these are characterized primarily by a leveling system in which you kill monsters, gain experience, and then level up (Quadruple brackets, ftw!)))). On said list, there were a total of 192 items. (The list can be found here: The Grand List of Console Role Playing Game Clichés)

Anyway... I looked them over and laughed a lot since I had seen many of them, as well as others. Being the person that I am, I decided that this list would have to be celebrated. So I thought of the idea to make a movie which would be RPG cliché filled. It would basically be and RPG made into a movie in which the characters would point out the clichés as they arose.

I've started to write a script, but I'll need some time to finish it, seeing as how I have a lot of ground to cover, and I also need to make it relatively long. But this is what I need from you fine people reading this: actors. Specifically, female actors. However, both genders are welcome, and I'm sure I could use you all!

In any case, I hope to have the majority of the script done by the 22nd of July, although that may just be a pipe dream. I also wish to get it tweaked by a friend and then go from there. So filming should start by the start of August, at the latest, and continue for the rest of the summer.

If you're interesting in being in the film, have any comments on the idea, have clichés not mentioned in the list that you'd like me to incorporate, or would like to participate in any other way (editing the script, providing audio, creating music, offering special effects knowledge, etc.) then either e-mail me, or just comment back here. Thanks for your help and support!

2 comments:

truktruktruk said...

Speaking of July 22, are you going to Student Life 101?

And I would be happy to help in any way you find me to be useful, Travis! Sounds like a fun idea.

The Man With The Plan said...

A little slow on the return, am I.

Anyway, I don't think so. No real need to go after being at UCEP and all.

Thanks for offering yourself. I shall see what I can do.